t2i Technology Transfer and Innovation is a new limited liability consortium for innovation, a NewCo sponsored by Chambers of Commerce of Treviso and Rovigo, in which the activities, projects, human resources and infrastructure of Treviso Tecnologia and Polesine Innovazione, the two special agencies for innovation of the Chambers of Commerce of Treviso and Rovigo, are integrated. The mission of the new company for innovation is to promote technological development and to innovate the production and the organization that can develop both the manufacturing base and the ruling class of the Veneto.
The main targets are:
to optimize specialized services and their capillarity, already offered by Treviso Tecnologia and Polesine Innovazione;
to increase the attractiveness and use of European economic resources;
to improve the offer consistency, accordingly to the regional and European lines of economic development (Smart Specialization);
to share investment plans for increasing the technical skills and competencies of the laboratories and creation of new services offer;
to develop new local markets, nowadays still isolated or not really focused on innovation.
According to the Italian law 580/93, The Chamber of Commerce Industry Craft and Agriculture of Venice, a public body governed by public law, represents the general interests of the local enterprise system supporting the development and innovation of local SMEs. As a matter of fact the Italian Chambers of Commerce network has a specific role in the national IPR system: coordinated by the Italian NPO (UIBM), they are directly in charge for promoting and offering IPR services to their associate enterprises. In particular the Chamber of commerce of Venice, due to a very strong request of IPR services by its more than 90.000 associate enterprises,is one of the most active chamber of commerce on this area and has been frequently involved by UIBM in testing innovative IPR services.
The main activities and services provided by the Chamber of Venice are gathered in the following areas: Internal and External Promotion of enterprises; Business Register; Market Protection adn Regulation; Management of international projects financed by EU and other different funds.
The Padua Chamber of Commerce is a public body having the main goals of supporting the development of companies and of carrying out administrative functions in their interests.
It is a body with statutory and organizational autonomy.
The tasks of the Chamber of Commerce can be divided into two main categories:
- Administrative functions assigned by law or delegated by central or regional administrations;
- Promotional functions dedicated to supporting the Province’s economy and its network of companies.
Right in this second category of actions is included this project which could have a strong effect to recover the local economy from the crisis.
Veneto Innovazione Spa is the in-house company of the Veneto regional Government. It was set up with the regional act n. 45 of September, 6th 1988. The aim is to promote and develop applied research and innovation inside the regional production system, particularly focused on SMEs meaning to pursue high technological standards, environmental improvement and human resource qualification.
Veneto Innovazione gathers and co-ordinates scientific, organizational and financial resources existing or converging in the region, with the goal to transfer acquired information on new production processes and research results and to urge SME technology growth.
Technology growth interests many and various sectors and Veneto Innovazione is the ideal partner not only for manufacturing companies, but also for service and commercial businesses, for research centres and public administrations.
The Chamber of Commerce of Udine is a strategic landmark for local entrepreneurial activities.
The Institutional tasks are: Keeping of Company Register, Management of registers, rolls and lists, Issue of certificates, licenses and authorizations, Arbitration and mediation, Patents, Protests, Metric service, New Business service, Overseas trade, Trade sector studies and research,figures and prices.
Besides its institutional tasks, Udine Chamber of Commerce carries out a whole range of activities and projects with the highest standard of efficiency and quality in support of local SMEs, through some Special Agencies set up over the years as branch structures of the Chamber itself.
The Chamber of Commerce of Udine has a long history in cooperation with several EU partners, Associations of category, other Chambers of Commerce to increase the internationalization of the companies
The Chamber of Commerce is like a small holding, made up of special agencies that guarantee maximum efficiency and quality in the services supplied:
1. Special Agency for Enterprises and Territory
2. Delegated Functions Special Agency
3. Special Research and Training Agency
The Special Agency of the Chamber of Commerce for Entrerprises and territory I.TER has two branches: Internationalization Office and Promotion & Marketing Office. The core business of the Agency is the increase the internationalization of the companies, the management of financed projects, organization of events and fairs worldwide, the organization of events to promote local economy and tourism.
Friuli Innovazione was created in 1999 to encourage the collaboration between the University of Udine and the friulian economic system, through the exchange of skills among researchers and businesses, and the industrial exploitation of the scientific and technological results developed by the Athenaeum.
In 2004, the autonomous region of Friuli Venezia Giulia assigned to Friuli Innovazione the start up and management of Udine’s Parco Scientifico e Tecnologico Luigi Danieli (Luigi Danieli’s Scientific and Technological Park) wherein R&D labs of local companies, joint university and business labs, research spin-off and service and certification centers settled. The Park houses Techno Seed, company incubator aimed at fostering the first steps of breakthrough highly-technological enterprises and Front Office APRE Friuli Venezia Giulia – Udine, that is involved in information, training and support activities to promote the Italian participation to European technological research, development and innovation programs.
The efforts of Friuli Innovazione, that offers an integrated range of services for companies, research and new business concepts, are oriented towards some of the main sectors that are critical for the economy and the regional research system (extended - ICT, Metallurgy and Advanced Materials and Surfaces Technology, Energy and Environment, Biotechnologies, Wood).
AREA Science Park is the first multi-sector Science and Technology Park in Italy and one of the most important in Europe. Since 2005 it is a 1st level national research body of the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR), with technology transfer as its priority objective.
The two campuses in Padriciano and Basovizza (Trieste) accommodate 84 centres, companies and institutes with over 1700 people involved in research and development, technology transfer, training activities and qualified services.
The primary objective of AREA Science Park is to favour territorial development and above all regional development. AREA Science Park is a centre of excellence where firms, research bodies and universities cooperate closely and find the ideal conditions to:
- raise the level of technical and scientific knowledge by developing basic and applied research and defining new technologies, products and processes
- carry out technology transfer and innovation management activities in the territory, enhancing the results of research and introducing them on the market
- support the creation and growth of new entrepreneurial initiatives with a high knowledge content, thus increasing competitiveness on the territory.
The Ministry of Economic Development and Technology performs tasks in the following areas:
- in the field of entrepreneurship, competitiveness and technology it shapes the policy and implements measures to promote entrepreneurship, development of small and medium-sized enterprises and to promote technological development and innovation;
- in the field of tourism it prepares and implements the strategy and policy of promoting tourism and prepares regulations in the field of tourism and catering industry, in the field of internationalisation it leads and coordinates matters in the field of joint trade policy and international organisations, it shapes the policies of promoting internationalisation and foreign direct investments and prepares and implements other policies and measures in the field of internationalisation, foreign investments, international organisations and trade policy;
- in the field of internal market it prepares and implements the European and national policy and legislation in the field of the free movement of goods and services, the national technical infrastructure of quality (accreditation, metrics, standardisation), company law, consumer protection, intellectual property and competition protection, supply for the market and the commodity reserves, control of prices and trading activity and mailing;
- in the field of the EU Cohesion Policy it is responsible for the coordination of activities regarding the use of the structural funds and the Cohesion Fund, namely from the conceptual coordination and approval of development instruments to monitoring and evaluating the impacts that the instruments achieve or are supposed to achieve;
- in the field of regional development and European territorial cooperation, with the vision of realizing regionalism, it, in the given conditions, realises the set strategic objectives and forms regional policy of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia; this also includes the promotion of sustainable development in its widest sense which activates the potentials in the Slovenian regions by not reducing the sources and opportunities for the development of future generations, and promotion of regional development of border areas and strengthening cross-border cooperation in the framework of the European territorial cooperation (ETC) programmes and the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA).
IJS conducts a broad spectrum of basic and applied research. The main fields of activity of its approximately 860 employees are natural sciences, life sciences and technical sciences. The Institute performs top-level research and the development of technologies, such as nanotechnologies, new materials, biotechnologies, management and production technologies, communication technologies, computer and knowledge technologies, environmental technologies and reactor technologies. Its scientists have achieved a global reputation.
IJS combines and disseminates knowledge and technologies for the well-being of society. It provides top-level education and research and development of technologies at the highest international level. The main goals of IJS are providing expert scientific and applied service and educating top-level staff through procedures, products and consultations.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia provides essential services for enterprises operating in Slovenia, and it is the ideal local partner for foreign investors. The CCIS can provide the support of more than 100 experts and specialists in a broad range of sectors in Slovenia, from commerce and industry to tourism and services.
The Agency’s mission is to be an active player in the business environment and ensure the competitiveness and promotion of the Slovenian economy and tourism.The SPIRIT Slovenia public agency strives to become an institution that – in cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Technology and other stakeholders – offers Slovenian companies effective and comprehensive support for development and promotion on the global competitive market.The Agency will realise its mission through the linking of knowledge and competencies from all key, inter-related areas, which represent a pre-condition for the competitiveness of the economy, with the objective of increasing added value, creating quality jobs and building long-term competitiveness.
The Agency realises the objectives of strategic orientations and target areas of the development programmes of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia through the efficient implementation of development policy measures and the continuous monitoring and evaluation of effects. It renders its services according to the one-stop-shop principle as it merges all of the key activities required by companies at all stages of their lifecycles under one roof.
The University development center and university incubator of Primorska is a non-profit society, which means that the profit generated in a financial year is dedicated exclusively to the company’s activity and to support the incubates.
To link academic sphere with the economy in order to extend the entrepreneurship culture among young people, students, professors and researchers and the rest of the inhabitants of Primorska. To provide a complete support service in terms of infrastructure and business counselling for newly developed high value added enterprises and new top-level research organizations in Primorska region.
In the next 5 years become a leading Slovene university development center and university incubator according to the successful newly established start-up and spin-off enterprises as to the number of professors and students in Primorska region. Within the next 5 years develop new and innovative forms to accelerate a knowledge flow between the economy and the academic sphere of Primorska intended to realize revenues from the licence fee and commercialization of research knowledge.